X550-AT2 Dual Port 10GB Ethernet
The Intel® Ethernet Controller X550 family is the low cost single-chip 10GBASE-T controller of choice to broadly deploy 10 GbE in platform designs. Now with support for LAN, FCoE, and iSCSI traffic with added support for VXLAN and NVGRE - 10GBASE-T is the most flexible connectivity for all of your networking requirements. Innovation continues with Intel’s second generation integrated 10GBASE-T MAC+PHY, which drives down both cost and power enabling the most cost effective deployment of 10 GbE in the data center. With 10GBASE-T, migration to 10 GbE is dramatically simplified with backward compatibility with your existing GbE network infrastructure.
10GBASE-T Simplifies the Transition from 1 GbE to 10 GbE
The X550 controller provides up to two integrated 10GBASE-T PHYs providing 10 Gb/s of throughput that are also backwards compatible with legacy GbE switches and Cat6A cabling. The ability to auto-negotiate between 100 Mb/s, 1 GbE, and 10 GbE speeds provide the backwards compatibility for a smooth transition and easy migration to 10 GbE.
In addition, the X550 controller also supports NBASE-T* technology. NBASE-T technology can increase network speeds of 2.5 Gb/s or 5 Gb/s using existing CAT 5e/CAT 6 cables at lengths up to 100 m. Features • Reliable and proven 10 GbE technology from Intel® Corporation.
• Intel’s second generation, single and dual-port 10GBASE-T controller with integrated MAC and PHY.
• 10GBASE-T, 1000BASE-T and 100BASE-TX modes.
• Supports NBASE-T* technology (2.5 and 5.0 GbE over CAT 5e.
• IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE)1.
• PCI Express* (PCIe*) v 3.0 with up to 8.0 GT/s.
• Unified networking delivering LAN, iSCSI and FCoE over 10GBASE-T.
• Network virtualization stateless offload: VXLAN and NVGRE.
• Intel® Ethernet Flow Director for hardware-based application traffic steering.
• Data Center Bridging (DCB) with FCoE stateless offloads.
• Flexible I/O virtualization for port partitioning and Quality of Service (QoS) of up to 128 virtual ports.
• Integrated IPsec security engines.
• Secure NVM update support.
• Jumbo frames of up to 15.5 KB.
• 11 W maximum power.
• SMBus and NC-SI interfaces with OS2BMC, Management Component Transport Protocol (MCTP) and Wake on LAN (WoL) support.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 1 months
Date Issued: 26th Oct 2006
As a growing number of homes contain more than one computer, their users must find ways to network them. The primary purpose for creating a home network tends to be to provide Internet access to all computers within the house. There are other good reasons, however. These include enabling LAN gaming, data backups from one machine to another and the sharing of music within the home.