My Book® Pro is WD's fastest external storage for the creative professional. With up to 16TB of capacity, large files can be backed up, transferred and edited directly from the device faster than ever. My Book Pro combines the power of dual 20-Gb/s Thunderbolt 2 ports, USB 3.0 compatibility, the peace-of-mind of hardware RAID and the speed of two 7200 RPM WD Black™ drives all to accelerate the workflow of creative professionals. Plus, it has convenient front-access USB ports to charge and sync smartphones, tablets or cameras.
My Book Pro's Thunderbolt 2 ports let can daisy chain up to six additional devices, such as two 4K monitors, additional storage devices or video-editing peripherals. So, bring on your 4K video, high-definition images, 3-D renderings, and interactive and data-intensive projects, My Book Pro delivers speed, capacity and performance in a compact design. Features Performance driven
Realize extreme performance with the combination of Thunderbolt 2, WD Black drives and hardware RAID:
• Thunderbolt™ 2: Supports up to 20 Gb/s data-transfer rate; daisy chain up to six additional Thunderbolt devices with no impact on throughput speed
• WD Black™ internal with 7200 RPM: A preferred drive of creative professionals, experts and users with high-performance requirements
• Hardware RAID: My Book Pro handles RAID processing so there's no impact on your computer's CPU performance
• Connect up to six devices in a Thunderbolt daisy chain for optimized single-cable workflow with 4K monitors, additional storage devices and peripherals.
• USB 3.0 compatibility for use with non-Thunderbolt systems.
Centralize your important files
Aggregate all your digital content to open up storage space on your computer.
Perfect for backup
System-level protection for your files with Apple Time Machine™
With up to 12 TB of capacity, you can save and protect all your photos, videos, music and important documents in one safe place.
Easy to set up, easy to use
My Book Pro is pre-formatted for Mac® OS X, so it's ready to use right out of the box. The drive can also be easily reformatted to NTFS for Windows users.
Because RAID processing is handled by My Book Pro, data bottlenecks are reduced and throughput is improved.
Customizable configuration options:
• RAID 0 (Default): Stripes your data across both drives for the fastest data transfers and maximum capacity.
• RAID 1: Mirror your files - automatically saves a copy on each of the drives in the unlikely event of drive failure.
• JBOD: Allows your computer to view and use the two drives as separate volumes.
You're in complete control
With WD Drive Utilities, you can manage RAID configurations, run drive diagnostics and format your drive.
User serviceable system
No tools required to replace or upgrade drives.
What can you do with the My Book Pro?
• Easily save your studio workflow.
• Use as your primary storage for projects.
4K video producers:
• Leverage Thunderbolt technology to daisy-chain, connect and edit via multiple 4K screens.
• Quickly scan 4K content to quickly find resources and project-edit points.
Studio photographers and photography enthusiasts:
• Transfer your images to the My Book Pro from your camera by using the front-mounted USB ports – giving you the capacity you need for your RAW files and high resolution editing.
• Store and protect your extensive Photos or Adobe After Effects library.
• Quickly and easily navigate through your library.
• Create, manipulate and store CAD files and renderings using the My Book Pro drive.
• Aggregate large catalogs of media files, always have them handy to use in your Adobe Indesign® and Illustrator flows.
• Dual-drive Thunderbolt™ 2 RAID storage system.
• Thunderbolt 2 cable (1-meter/39.4").
• USB 3.0 cable.
• Power supply.
• Quick install guide.
• Thunderbolt 2: Mac OS X 10.8.5 or later, Windows 8.1 64-bit or later.
• USB 3.0: Mac OS X 10.7 or newer, Windows 7 or later.
• Formatted HFS+ journaled for Mac OS X.
• Requires reformatting for Windows operating systems.
• Backward compatible with first-generation Thunderbolt systems.
Compatibility may vary depending on user’s hardware configuration and operating system.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 1 months
- Western Digital (UK) Ltd
- 01372 360055
Date Issued: 14th Jun 2008
This TekSpek covers DAS and NAS, what they mean, what they’re used for and how they’re different. We’ll start by looking at the technology, then move on to the players in the market and how the market is moving forward.