Seagate 1TB ST1000NM0055 128M 512n SATA V.5 Enterprise Drive
• Advanced Write Caching feature enables up to 100% performance improvement in random writes over last-generation drive.
• 12 Gb/s SAS and SATA 6 Gb/s interfaces in industry-standard formats (512n, 512e and 4Kn) for easy integration into replicated and RAID multi-drive storage servers and systems.
• State-of-the-art cache, on-the-fly error-correction algorithms, super parity and end-toend SAS-based data integrity for accurate data storage.
• Industry-leading rotational vibration design helps ensure consistent performance in dense multi-drive systems.
• Engineered for 24x7 workloads of 550 TB/yr.
• Robust performance with dual processors, ramp load technology, top-cover-attached motor and humidity sensor for optimum performance in all chassis.
• On-demand PowerBalance™ feature available for lower power/performance in random read/write environments.
• Seagate Secure® Self-Encrypting Drive featuring Instant Secure Erase for cost-saving drive retirement and secure data-at-rest protection.
• Seagate SeaTools™ diagnostic software to provide drive self-tests ensuring no unnecessary downtime and maximising TCO. Features • Hyperscale applications/cloud data centres with replicated storage.
• Massive scale-out data centres and big data analytics.
• High-capacity density RAID storage.
• Mainstream enterprise external storage (SAN, NAS, DAS).
• Distributed file systems, including Hadoop and Ceph.
• Enterprise backup and restore - D2D, virtual tape.
|Edition||Enterprise V5 512n|
|SSHD Flash Memory Size||N/A|
|SSHD Flash Memory Type||N/A|
|Interface||SATA III - 6Gb/s|
|Max. Operating Shock|
|Dimensions||102 x 26.1 x 147 (WxHxD mm)|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
Warranty information has not yet been updated for this product. For further information please call 0871 472 4747 or 01204 474747.
Date Issued: 2nd Jul 2008
Serial ATA, or SATA, is a relatively new storage technology that is now being adopted in computers. It is the successor to Parallel ATA. SATA allows for faster transfers between the hard disk and the system, uses thinner cables and is easier to physically install
Date Issued: 14th Jun 2008
In this guide we will be examining a popular method used for increasing the performance and reliability of your hard drives and data storage