StarTech USB Parallel Printer Adapter Cable 1.8m/6ft
The ICUSB1284 6 ft USB to Parallel Printer Adapter - M/M allows USB capable PCs to print to any standard parallel printer, converting a USB port into a Centronics (male) connector for direct connection to a parallel printer.
The USB interface provides a much faster data transfer rate than standard parallel ports, thereby reducing the time spent waiting for a print job or data transfer to be sent.
A portable, space-saving solution, the USB to Parallel Printer Adapter is self-powered and provides Plug and Play installation on Windows® based, USB-compliant computers.
The StarTech.com Advantage
• Compact size and low weight make it an ideal accessory for portable computers.
• USB Plug-and-Play interface allows you to quickly add another parallel port to your Windows® computer. Features • High speed bi-directional parallel port compliant to IEEE-1284 industry standard.
• Low power consumption as it draws power from the USB connection.
• Fully Plug & Play for easy installation.
• No IRQ required for installation.
• Compatible with:
- Windows® 98SE, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- Windows Server® 2000, 2003, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016
- Mac OS X® 10.6 to 10.12
- Linux 2.6.x to 4.4.x LTS Versions only
|Type||USB 2.0 to Parallel Adapter Cable|
|Specification||USB 2.0 A to Parallel Centronics Adapter Cable|
|Connector From||USB (A) Male|
|Connector To||Centronics 36pin (Male)|
|Connector Features||Straight Connector|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
Date Issued: 12th Sep 2017
Personal Computers (PCs) connect up to peripherals and displays through myriad of cabling. Some of those names and standards will be familiar to you, such as USB or HDMI, others may not, and these can include standards such as Thunderbolt and DisplayPort. The purpose of this TekSpek is to illuminate and educate users into the different types of cables and standards used in the PC ecosystem.