MSI 17.3" GS73VR 7RF Stealth Pro Kabylake Core i7 GTX 1060 Gaming Laptop
17.3" MSI GS73VR 7RF Stealth Pro, Core i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD+2TB HDD, GeForce 6GB GTX 1060, USB C Thunderbolt 3
The Latest 7th Generation Intel Core i7 Kabylake Processors
• The 7th generation Intel Core H series processor utilizes a power-efficient microarchitecture, advanced process technology and silicon optimizations to deliver faster performance than processors of the previous generation. CPU core performance of Core i7-7700HQ is 8% faster than i7-6700HQ under average usage. CPU multimedia performance is enhanced, making it 10% faster than i7-6700HQ. 4K video decoding/transcoding is also improved 15%.
• The new media engine of the 7th generation Intel Core H series processor also delivers power-efficient VP9 and HEVC 10-bit hardware acceleration. 4K video playback with HDR visual quality is therefore significantly improved versus previous generation processors.
* This feature may vary by SKU and country.
NVIDIA's Latest GeForce® GTX 1060 (7RF) GPU is Ready to Amaze You on MSI Gaming Notebooks
• MSI is the world's 1st gaming notebook to have this latest NVIDIA next gen. GPU solution onboard. Performance of NVIDIA's next generation GeForce® GTX 1060 (7RF) GPU is expected to improve more than 40% than GeForce® GTX 900M Series.
• With the innovative Cooler Boost cooling solution and MSI's special gaming features catered for gamers, the NVIDIA's latest GeForce® GTX 10 Series GPU shall be able to release its full performance completely on MSI gaming laptops. By offering "one click to VR" solution and a totally immersive and smooth gaming experiences, the new MSI gaming laptops is going to shatter desktop performance cliché and amaze gamers with refreshing point of views on MSI gaming laptops.
Cooler Boost Trinity - Triple Enhanced Fans for Ultra Slim Platform
• Heat is the most original element on earth. It's pure physics that more energy will generate more heat. Cooling is therefore a knotty task to tackle with. Cooler Boost Trinity consists of triple enhanced fans, the Whirlwind Blade. Number of blades reaches up to 41, increasing 30% more airflow at same RPM.
• Independent thermal solution on both CPU and GPU with a total of 5 heat pipes makes sure that heat doesn't pile up on either CPU or GPU, so that both can deliver its best extreme gaming performance.
VR Ready - Embrace the Enthusiast Level Virtual Reality Experience (7RF)
• The perfect combination of MSI gaming laptops and Nvidia next gen. GeForce® GTX 1060 graphics cards shall bring you the enthusiast level of VR experience.
• As the only brand certified by NVIDIA, Intel and VIVE, MSI is the 1st VR ready gaming laptop brand and provides an exceptionally smooth and powerful mobile platform for the ultimate immersive virtual reality experience.
• It is highly recommended to enjoy this latest technology and explore the amazing artificial world with MSI extreme gaming notebooks. Get ready before everyone else with World's best VR ready gaming notebooks and to be amazed by the excitement experience from the simulated reality.
IPS Level, True-to-Life Viewing Experience
• IPS level display with higher gamut of 72% NTSC color range takes image clarity to a whole new level with higher pixel resolution. Images are amazingly 40% more sharp and vivid in contrast level and 20% clearer in brightness level compared with those on regular TN panels. Hence, images are more vivid even from left and right side of the viewing angle. When you're playing games, you will have breathtaking and brilliantly true-to-life viewing experience.
* This feature may vary by SKU and country.
New Definition of Slimness 19.6mm Thin, Weighing Merely 2.4kg
• MSI engineers refine every delicate detail to strike a balance between portability and performance. MSI GS gaming series is surely the ideal choice for gamers who refuse to compromise. One shall not be able to find another gaming notebook in the world that delivers such a powerful performance within a chassis only 19.6mm thin. GS73 Stealth adopts a lightweight chassis using aluminum chassis and the world's lightest gaming notebook, weighing just 2.4kg.
High-Resolution Audio Ready
• High-Resolution Audio refers to a collection of digital processes and formats that allow the encoding and playback of music using up to 6.5x higher sampling rates than the standards used in CDs. The most commonly used specifications of Hi-Res Audio are 24 bit/96 kHz (3.2x more data transmitted than CD) and 24 bit/192 kHz (6.5x more data transmitted than CD).
• While offering a sampling rate of 24 bit/192 kHz on GT73 and GS series models, MSI offers also the highest sampling rate standard, 32 bit/384 kHz (17.3x more data transmitted than CD), on its top level GT83 gaming notebook. MSI GT and GS series notebooks with ESS Sabre HiFi DAC are now the 1st in the world to be ready to broadcast any Hi-Res Audio with the highest quality.
Nahimic VR - Live the complete and immersive VR experience
• Unchain the multichannel audio engine of your VR video game with Nahimic VR More and more VR video game will be supporting the 7.1 audio surround but unfortunately, they are locked in stereo. Nahimic VR is the world first audio solution to bring the 7.1 sound into a regular stereo headset. We provide specific audio algorithms that are capable to improve drastically the 3D sound field over HDMI and USB output. The result is a combined VR video and 3D audio for a full and breathtaking VR experience for the gamers. Just turn-on the Nahimic VR button on the Dragon Center audio solution, and prepare to be stunned! Features • Latest 7th Gen. Intel® Core™ i7 processor.
• Windows 10
• Latest GeForce® GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 with desktop level performance.
• 17.3" Full HD (1920x1080), 120 Hz Refresh Rate and 5ms response time panel.
• Exclusive Cooler Boost Trinity Technology.
• The X Boost function from MSI technology supports faster storage access speed.
• Dragon Center provides six functions to get a total control of your personal computer.
• WTFast free premium license for 2-month.
• NVMe M.2 SSD by PCIe Gen3 X4 up to 2200MB/s speed.
• Thunderbolt™ 3 supporting 40Gbps ultra speed data transfer rate, dual 4K monitor output, and portable charging power up to 5V/3A.
• USB Type-C reversible plug.
• Exclusive SHIFT technology boosts performance under controlled noise & temperature.
• Nahimic 2 Sound Technology delivering 360° immersive audio experience.
• True Color Technology for increased color contrast and greater image detail.
• Keyboard by Steelseries with full color backlighting.
• SteelSeries Engine 3 with GameSense to personalize your play style.
• Exclusive Silver Lining Printed keys.
• Killer DoubleShot Pro (Killer Gb LAN + Killer 802.11 a/c WiFi) with Smart Teaming.
• Upgraded Killer Gigabit LAN Controller with Advanced Stream Detect 2.0 and Killer Shield.
• Xsplit Gamecaster free premium license for 1 year.
• Matrix Display supporting 4K output up to 3 external monitors.
• Brushed-metal lid and aesthetics line design imprinted with MSI iconic Dragon Tatoo, unleashing the true dragon gaming soul.
|CPU Type||Intel Core i7 7700HQ|
|CPU Speed||2.8 GHz|
|CPU Boost||3.8 GHz|
|CPU Cores||Quad Core|
|Screen Type||LED-backlit IPS LCD|
|Resolution||1920x1080 (Full HD)|
|NVIDIA G-Sync Technology||No|
|Memory Speed||DDR4 - 2400|
|Maximum Memory Supported||32GB|
|HDD Capacity||2000 GB|
|SSD Capacity||256 GB|
|Storage Type||256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB SATA HDD|
|Graphics Chipset||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060|
|Graphics Memory Type||GDDR5|
|Graphics Core Clock||1506 MHz|
|Graphics Boost Clock||1708 MHz|
|Graphics Memory Bus||192 Bit|
|Multi-GPU NVIDIA SLi||No|
|GeForce GTX VR Ready||No|
|Other Motherboard Specifications|
|Keyboard Type/Language||Chiclet Keys / English (UK) / Colour LED|
|Operating System||Windows 10|
|Dimensions||412 x 285 x 20 mm (WxHxD)|
|Weight (Inc. Battery)||2.43 kg|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- DOA Period:
- 14 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months
- MSI UK Support
Date Issued: 16th Aug 2016
NVIDIA refreshed its range of graphics cards recently with the introduction of a number of new models for performance desktop PCs. Four new GeForces have been released in quick succession. The Titan X, GTX 1080, GTX 1070 and GTX 1060, all based on the new, efficient Pascal architecture, have set new levels of performance in each segment.