MSI 15.6" GE62VR 7RF Apache Pro Kabylake i7 GTX 1060 Gaming Laptop
15.6" MSI GE62VR 7RF Apache Pro, 2.8GHz Core i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, GeForce 3GB GTX 1060, DVD±RW, W10
LATEST 7th GENERATION INTEL® CORE™ i7 PROCESSORS
• The 7th generation Intel Core H series processor utilizes a power-efficient microarchitecture, advanced process technology and silicon optimizations to deliver faster performance than processors of the previous generation. CPU core performance of Core i7-7700HQ is 8% faster than i7-6700HQ under average usage. CPU multimedia performance is enhanced, making it 10% faster than i7-6700HQ. 4K video decoding/transcoding is also improved 15%.
• The new media engine of the 7th generation Intel Core H series processor also delivers power-efficient VP9 and HEVC 10-bit hardware acceleration. 4K video playback with HDR visual quality is therefore significantly improved versus previous generation processors.
* This feature may vary by SKU and country.
NVIDIA's Latest GeForce® GTX 1060 (7RF) GPU is Ready to Amaze You on MSI Gaming Notebooks
• MSI is the world's 1st gaming notebook to have this latest NVIDIA next gen. GPU solution onboard. Performance of NVIDIA's next generation GeForce® GTX 1060 (7RF) GPU is expected to improve more than 40% than GeForce® GTX 900M Series.
• With the innovative Cooler Boost cooling solution and MSI's special gaming features catered for gamers, the NVIDIA's latest GeForce® GTX 10 Series GPU shall be able to release its full performance completely on MSI gaming laptops. By offering "one click to VR" solution and a totally immersive and smooth gaming experiences, the new MSI gaming laptops is going to shatter desktop performance cliché and amaze gamers with refreshing point of views on MSI gaming laptops.
VR Ready - Embrace the Enthusiast Level Virtual Reality Experience
• The perfect combination of MSI gaming laptops and Nvidia next gen. GeForce® GTX 1060 graphics cards shall bring you the enthusiast level of VR experience.
• As the only brand certified by NVIDIA, Intel and VIVE, MSI is the 1st VR ready gaming laptop brand and provides an exceptionally smooth and powerful mobile platform for the ultimate immersive virtual reality experience.
• It is highly recommended to enjoy this latest technology and explore the amazing artificial world with MSI extreme gaming notebooks. Get ready before everyone else with World's best VR ready gaming notebooks and to be amazed by the excitement experience from the simulated reality.
Cooler Boost 4 - Enhanced Cooling Design for Higher Power Gaming
• Heat is the most original element on earth. It's pure physics that more energy will generate more heat. Cooling is therefore a knotty task to tackle with. MSI exclusive Cooler Boost 4 technology creates dual thermal modules internally by allocating dedicated heat pipes for GPU and CPU. One click on the fan boost button, a total of 6 heat pipes and dual fans actively and effectively push heat out of the system, making the cooling design the highest level of its kind.
* The fan boost button is available only on certain models.
IPS Level, True-to-Life Viewing Experience
• IPS level display with higher gamut of 72% NTSC color range takes image clarity to a whole new level with higher pixel resolution. Images are amazingly 40% more sharp and vivid in contrast level and 20% clearer in brightness level compared with those on regular TN panels. Hence, images are more vivid even from left and right side of the viewing angle. When you're playing games, you will have breathtaking and brilliantly true-to-life viewing experience.
* This feature may vary by SKU and country..
Nahimic 2 - 3D virtual surround sound
• Nahimic Technology was first adopted by French army into its fighting aircraft training simulators. Nahimic specializes in 3D virtual surround sound processing and audio improvement. Moreover, Nahimic eliminates background noise, thus, enhances clarity of dialogues during conversations. The special function, Sound Tracker, introduced in Nahimic 2, permits gamers to "see the direction and distance of the enemy's sound".
Nahimic VR - Live the complete and immersive VR experience
• Unchain the multichannel audio engine of your VR video game with Nahimic VR More and more VR video game will be supporting the 7.1 audio surround but unfortunately, they are locked in stereo. Nahimic VR is the world first audio solution to bring the 7.1 sound into a regular stereo headset. We provide specific audio algorithms that are capable to improve drastically the 3D sound field over HDMI and USB output. The result is a combined VR video and 3D audio for a full and breathtaking VR experience for the gamers. Just turn-on the Nahimic VR button on the Dragon Center audio solution, and prepare to be stunned!
Audio boost 2 - Outstanding Headphone Audio with Golden Flash Jack
• The MSI Audio Boost design enhances the output sound detail and sound stage by 30% more. The golden flash audio jack provides stable sound transmission (reduced obstruction) and works in conjunction with the optimized headsets AMP (Audio Power Amplifier) design, with low noise and low distortion characteristics, to greatly enhance headphone performance and faithfully reproduce each acoustic detail.
Metallic Chassis with Brushed Metal Design
• Elegant brushed aluminum chassis, creating an ideal fusion of aesthetics and performance.
Dynaudio - Immersive Gaming with Top-notch Auditory Sensation
• To satisfy consumers' desire to experience high quality sound effects, MSI partners with top audio brand Dynaudio, which has a devoted aspiration for "Authentic Fidelity" to meet this demanding standard and whose loudspeaker systems are often applied by German cars. It equips the MSI G-Series notebooks with top-notch audio features, creating a realistic sound and immersive effects. The Dynaudio 4+1 speakers boost power amplitude 50% more than the previous generation, meaning a volume increase over 10dB. All high quality stereo source is transformed into true-to-life, multi-channel sound. No need to purchase extra speakers, wires or speaker stands to appreciate room-filling sound.
SteelSeries Engine 3 (SSE3) - Target, Position, Aim and Fire
• During gameplay, SteelSeries Engines 3 serves as your firearm. With SSE3, you get to suit up your weapon with cool look by lightening it up with multiple backlit colors, transform your keyboard into a high technology firearm by setting up several keys into one key command and cloud syncing all SteelSeries gears together. Features • Latest 7th Gen. Intel® Core™ i7 processor.
• Windows 10
• Latest GeForce® GTX 1060 6 / 3GB GDDR5 with desktop level performance.
• 15.6" Full HD (1920x1080), IPS level panel.
• Exclusive Cooler Boost 4 Technology.
• The X Boost function from MSI technology supports faster storage access speed.
• Dragon Center provides six functions to get a total control of your personal computer.
• WTFast free premium license for 2-month.
• NVMe M.2 SSD by PCIe Gen3 X4 up to 2200MB/s speed.
• The latest USB 3.1 SuperSpeed+ interface built in.
• USB Type-C reversible plug.
• Exclusive SHIFT technology boosts performance under controlled noise & temperature.
• Nahimic 2 Sound Technology delivering 360° immersive audio experience.
• Audio Boost 2 enhancing the gaming headset sound detail and sound stage.
• Sound by Dynaudio system.
• True Color Technology for increased color contrast and greater image detail.
• SteelSeries Engine 3 with GameSense to personalize your play style.
• Keyboard by Steelseries with full color backlighting.
• Upgraded Killer Gigabit LAN Controller + Killer Shield + 802.11 ac.
• Xsplit Gamecaster 1 year free premium license for broadcasting, recording and sharing.
• Matrix Display supporting 4K output up to 2 external monitors.
• Elegant brushed aluminum chassis, creating an ideal fusion of aesthetics and performance.
|CPU Type||Intel Core i7 7700HQ|
|CPU Speed||2.8 GHz|
|CPU Boost||3.8 GHz|
|CPU Cores||Quad Core|
|Screen Type||LED-backlit IPS LCD|
|Resolution||1920x1080 (Full HD)|
|NVIDIA G-Sync Technology||No|
|Memory Speed||DDR4 - 2400|
|Maximum Memory Supported||32GB|
|HDD Capacity||1000 GB|
|SSD Capacity||256 GB|
|Storage Type||SSD & HDD|
|Graphics Chipset||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060|
|Graphics Memory Type||GDDR5|
|Graphics Core Clock|
|Graphics Boost Clock|
|Graphics Memory Bus|
|Multi-GPU NVIDIA SLi||No|
|GeForce GTX VR Ready||No|
|Other Motherboard Specifications|
|Keyboard Type/Language||Chiclet Keys / English (UK) / Colour LED|
|Operating System||Windows 10|
|Dimensions||383 x 260 x 29 mm (WxHxD)|
|Weight (Inc. Battery)||2.4 kg|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
Warranty information has not yet been updated for this product. For further information please call 0871 472 4747 or 01204 474747.
Date Issued: 16th Aug 2016
NVIDIA refreshed its range of graphics cards recently with the introduction of a number of new models for performance desktop PCs. Four new GeForces have been released in quick succession. The Titan X, GTX 1080, GTX 1070 and GTX 1060, all based on the new, efficient Pascal architecture, have set new levels of performance in each segment.