Rated 4.3 out of 5 by 4
Rated 3 out of 5 by HABlet Technically excellent but very expensive
I have very mixed feelings about this product (LN61712), hence three stars. It came with the display, cover-stand, charger (5V 2A), USB power cable and uHDMI-HDMI cable.
* Lovely IPS panel, clear sharp image. If you tinker with the display settings, it gives excellent results with both video and normal office material.
* Very thin and extremely light, almost unnervingly so.
* The cover-stand is very effective. Insert the display one way round to protect the latter in transport; insert the display the other way round and you have a firm stand which can be set at three different angles using the magnetic tab on the back.
* There is a 1 inch bezel round the whole display which makes it far larger than you might expect - the display measures 16" across the diagonal.
* Proprietary connectors. There are three identical (uHDMI format) sockets which allow HDMI, DisplayPort and VGA connections. You need special proprietary cables to use the DP and VGA ports, these cables cost £15-20 EXTRA.
* There are no VESA holes on either the display or the cover-stand. An adaptor plate with VESA 100 holes and a screw hole for a camera tripod costs nearly £50.
* Price. Basic price is £235. If you want to use DisplayPort and mount the monitor, you have to spend close to £300. That's a huge amount of money for *any* display - at half the price, this product would be a winner, instead it suits only the desperate and the very wealthy.
23 September 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Chris72 Excellent portable monitor
Lovely build quality and a very nice looking unit. Plugs in to the right-hand side of my MacBook pro with 2 cables (which came with the monitor) and works perfectly.
A lovely hard case which doubles as a screen-protector (for transit) and a stand (when in use) came with it, and it fits in my laptop back alongside the MacBook.
A great addition for my peripatetic work life.
23 March 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by ImaginaryFiend Practical.
If I was to describe this monitor for build quality I think I would have to say that it is a lot like something that you would expect from Acer. If you ever owned a 10" W510 tablet then you know, it is the same black and grey plastic effect. I do not know if that is a bad thing though as it feels incredibly light which is ideal for a portable monitor. I was a bit sceptical of the claims of it being a great companion for gaming consoles with its 14ms rating. I think that does show a little as the image can be slightly blurry in action heavy scenes although it is perfectly playable. The only minor niggle is that it doesn't seem a very bright monitor especially compared to Gechic's 1002 On Lap monitor which I also own. It is good enough on sunny days indoors as I have not tested it outside. I do feel though it does seem a bit too pricey for what it is. But right now I am not aware of any other 13" 1080p IPS monitor with mini HDMI. I feel I can recommend it though for being a really practical monitor. It is extremely lightweight, the stand that doubles as a cover is great for protecting the screen and it stays cool even after hours of use. Overall I am happy with this monitor.
14 March 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by RedBullPower Absolutely Brilliant!!!!
I have been looking for the past 2 years for a portable monitor which was light, compact, HD and flexible enough to use for a variety of purposes. Most video over USB lacks response time and can really only be used (in most cases) as an add on monitor. The Gechic 1303H has so many uses. By using an HDMI input I have been able to use this monitor as an extension of my laptop (like others), connect Chromecast to it so that I can stream movies/presentation etc. Hooked up a android mini pc for an ultra-portable PC solutions. It has a crisp display with no lag time at all. I have not found fault with this monitor and would recommend it to anyone who whats the ultimate road warrior monitor.
26 February 2015