HGST/WD Ultrastar HC520 Helium 3.5" SATA III Enterprise/Datacenter HDD/Hard Drive
12TB WD Ultrastar DC He12 0F30144, 3.5" HDD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 256MB Cache, 512E/4096N, OEM
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
- 48HR REPLACEMENT If you need to return this item, your replacement will be dispatched within 2 working days of your product arriving back at Scan. More info
More Value to the Data Center with Maximum Capacity, Power Efficiency and Reliability
Laying the foundation for a worry-free data center, HGST delivers capacity to conquer the data explosion – Ultrastar® He12 HDD. Designed to handle workloads up to 550TB per year, the Ultrastar He12 HDD is the industry’s first 12TB drive and uses PMR technology to make it drop-in ready for any enterprise-capacity application or environment. The stable internal environment created by fourth-generation HelioSeal® technology enables a new 8-disk design, increasing the capacity by 20% when compared to the 7-disk design of the prior generation. This highest capacity helium drive offers the lowest power profile in the industry to help data center architects meet eco-environmental goals and requirements. Targeted at 2.5M hours MTBF, the Ultrastar He12 HDDprovides the highest reliability rating available of all HDDs on the market today by building on the successful design of it’s 10TB, 8TB and 6TB predecessors. Trust HGST and the Ultrastar He12 HDD to deliver more capacity, more efficiency, more reliability and more value to your data center
Data Durability and Data Security to Support Compliance and Privacy Requirements
As drive capacity grows beyond single-digit TBs, object storage systems with erasure coding provide better data durability compared to RAID systems, given its tolerance for simultaneous error conditions. The Ultrastar He12 HDD is a best-fit for object storage implementations with its massive capacity and industry-leading reliability rating. Compliance and privacy requirements drive the need for increased data security. The Ultrastar He12 HDD offers security and encryption options to help protect data from unauthorized use, including TCG options on both SATA and SAS models.
HGST Quality and Service
The Ultrastar He12 HDD extends HGST’s long-standing tradition of reliability leadership with a 2.5M-hour MTBF rating and a 5-year limited warranty. Ultrastar quality, capacity, power efficiency, and world-class technical support and service provides customers with a lower total cost of ownership over previous generations. HGST drives are backed by an array of technical support and services, which may include customer and integration assistance. HGST is dedicated to providing a complete portfolio of HDD, SSD and systems to help the world harness the power of data.
• Low Power – 52% lower idle W/TB than 8TB Ultrastar air-filled drives.
• More Reliable – Highest MTBF rating for an HDD at 2.5M hours.
• 12TB capacity in a standard 3.5-inch form factor.
• PMR technology works with all capacity enterprise applications & environments.
• Reliable, field-proven, 4th generation design.
• Outstanding power efficiency (Watts/TB).
• Compared to 8TB Ultrastar air-filled drives:
- 50% more capacity
- 52% more power efficient (Watts/TB)
- 25% more reliable
• SATA 6Gb/s and SAS 12Gb/s:
- 12Gb/s SAS compatible with next gen data centers; backwards compatible with 6Gb/s SAS
• 2.5M hours MTBF rating & 5-year limited warranty.
• Instant Secure Erase (ISE) & Self-Encrypting Drive (TCG SAS) options.
• Advanced Format 4Kn and 512e models.
• Enterprise and data center applications where capacity density, power efficiency and reliability are paramount.
• Cloud & Hyperscale storage.
• Massive scale-out (MSO), high-density data centers.
• Distributed File Systems.
• Bulk storage using object storage solutions like CEPH™ and OpenStack Swift.
• Primary and secondary storage for Hadoop® to support Big Data Analytics.
• Centralized video surveillance.
• Ideal for all mainstream enterprise capacity applications.
|Flash Memory Size||N/A|
|Flash Memory Type||N/A|
|Rotation Speed||7200 rpm|
|Access Time||8.0 (Read) / 8.6 (Write) ms|
|Host to/from Drive Sustained Transfer Rate|
|Interface||SATA 3.0 (6Gb/s)|
|Annualised Workload Rating|
|Non-Recoverable Read Errors per Bits Read||<1 in 10^15|
|Max. Operating Shock|
|Max.Power Usage||6.9 W|
|Dimensions||101.6 x 26.1 x 147 (WxHxD mm)|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 60 months
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- HGST (IBM/Hitachi)
- 0207 133 0032