WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 3.5" SATA HDD/Hard Drive
12TB WD Ultrastar DC HC520 0F30146, 3.5" Enterprise HDD, SATA III - 6GB/s, 7200rpm, 256MB Cache, 512E, NCQ, OEM
|Instalment Rate:||5.9% p.a. (fixed)|
|Cost of purchase:||£263.99|
|Total inc. interest:||£272.28|
|Instalment Rate:||5.9% p.a. (fixed)|
|Cost of purchase:||£263.99|
|Total inc. interest:||£280.06|
|Cost of purchase:||£99|
|Total inc. interest:||£99|
Purchase Rate: 21.9% p.a. (variable)
Representative: 21.9% APR (variable)
Assumed Credit Limit: £1,200Subject to status. Terms and Conditions apply.
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
- 48HR REPLACEMENT If you need to return this item, your replacement will be dispatched within 2 working days of your product arriving back at Scan. More info
- 12TB WD WD121KRYZ Gold 3.5" Enterprise HDD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 256MB Cache, 512E£311.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYGet it Friday, 01 JulIn stock
- 14TB Western Digital Ultrastar HC530 SATA Hard Drive, 3.5" HDD, SATA 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 512MB Cache, 512E/4096N, OEM£287.99FREE DELIVERY ON THIS ITEMGet it Friday, 01 JulIn stock
More Value to the Data Center with Maximum Capacity, Power Efficiency & Reliability
Laying the foundation for a worry-free data center, Western Digital delivers capacity to conquer the data explosion – Ultrastar® DC HC520, previously known as Ultrastar He12 and part of our HC500 series of helium-filled hard drives. Designed to handle workloads up to 550TB per year, the Ultrastar DC HC520 is the industry’s first 12TB drive and uses traditional perpendicular magnetic recording (PMR) technology to make it dropin ready for any enterprise-capacity application or environment. The stable internal environment created by fourth-generation HelioSeal® technology enables a new 8-disk design, increasing the capacity by 20% when compared to the 7-disk design of the prior generation, Ultrastar DC HC510. This high capacity helium drive offers one of the lowest power profiles in the industry to help data center architects meet eco-environmental goals and requirements. Targeted at 2.5M hours MTBF, the Ultrastar DC HC520 provides the highest reliability rating available of all HDDs on the market today by building on the successful design of its 10TB, 8TB and 6TB predecessors. Trust Western Digital and the Ultrastar DC HC520 to deliver more capacity, more efficiency, more reliability and more value to your data center.
HelioSeal Technology Helps Solve Challenges Facing Next Generation Data Centers
Data centers are facing growing pressures. Data volume is expanding, operating costs are rising, yet budgets remain flat. Lowering the total cost of ownership (TCO) has become the focus of data center architects and the Ultrastar DC HC520 provides the best value proposition and greatest storage efficiency available. Compared to 8TB Ultrastar air-filled drives, this HelioSeal hard drive provides 50% more capacity, uses 52% less power (Watts/TB), and is 25% more reliable, rated at 2.5M hours MTBF. Datacenter ready features like a second generation dual-stage actuator—the Western Digital Micro Actuator—enhance head-positioning accuracy to deliver better performance, data integrity and overall drive reliability, especially in multi-drive environments where operational vibration is present. Refer to our technical brief to learn more. The 6Gb/s SATA interface enables easy integration into high performance data centers.
Data Durability & Data Security to Support Compliance & Privacy Requirements
As drive capacity grows beyond single-digit TBs, object storage systems with erasure coding provide better data durability compared to RAID systems, given its tolerance for simultaneous error conditions. The Ultrastar DC HC520 is a best-fit for object storage implementations with its massive capacity and unbeaten reliability rating.
Western Digital Quality & Service
The Ultrastar DC HC520 extends Western Digital’s long-standing tradition of reliability leadership with a 2.5M-hour MTBF rating and a 5-year limited warranty. Ultrastar quality, capacity, power efficiency, and world-class technical support and service provides customers with a lower total cost of ownership over previous generations. Western Digital data center drives are backed by an array of technical support and services, which may include customer and integration assistance. Western Digital is dedicated to providing a complete portfolio of products and services to help create environments for data to thrive.
• Ultra-Low Watts per Terabyte (W/TB): 52% lower idle W/TB than 8TB Ultrastar air-filled drives.
• Dual-Stage Micro Actuator: More accurate head positioning, especially in multi-drive environments, for better performance, data integrity & reliability.
• Rotational Vibration Safeguard (RVS): Maintains drive performance in high rotational vibration environments and multi-drive systems.
• Media Cache Plus Architecture: Better random write performance.
• Rebuild Assist Mode: Dramatically improves RAID recovery time and maintains system performance during recovery.
• SATA 6Gb/s: Provides compatibility with high-performance data centers.
• 256MB Cache Buffer: Improves response time and data management.
• Dual Safe Firmware: Retains previous firmware version for safe firmware updates, verified with an RSA signature.
• 2.5M Hours MTBF & 0.35% AFR: Industry’s highest reliability rating for Capacity.
• 5-Year Limited Warranty: Industry’s best for enterprise-class hard drives.
|Edition||Ultrastar DC HC520|
|Flash Memory Size||N/A|
|Flash Memory Type||N/A|
|Rotation Speed||7200 rpm|
|Access Time||4.16 ms|
|Host to/from Drive Sustained Transfer Rate||255 MB/s|
|Interface||SATA 3.0 (6Gb/s)|
|Annualised Workload Rating||550 TB/yr|
|Non-Recoverable Read Errors per Bits Read||<1 in 10^15|
|Max. Operating Shock||30 G|
|Max.Power Usage||6.9 W|
|Dimensions||101.6 x 26.1 x 147 (WxHxD mm)|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 60 months
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- HGST (IBM/Hitachi)
- 0207 133 0032