Plextor S3G 128GB SATA M.2 SSD/Solid State Drive
128GB Plextor S3G Solid State Drive, M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s, 256MB Cache, 550MB/s Read, 510MB/s Write, 90K/71K IOPS
The Top Choice for Next-Generation SSD Upgrades!
New processes for advanced components
Only the latest components were selected for the S3 series namely, Hynix's advanced 14nm process triple level cell NAND ?ash memory, and SMI 2254 controller. These components combined allows the S3 Series to deliver sequential read/write speeds of 550/510 MB/s with random read/write speeds of 90K/71K IOPS. Compared to the sluggish and traditional hard drives, this is a remarkable level of performance. Despite being entry-level devices, their professional quality standard is nonetheless worth noting.
Real capacity of high speed cache
Use the SSDs full storage capacity! The proprietary industry-leading PlexNitro technology uses SLC cache design, which means the S3 does not need to reserve over-provisioning space, thus leading to accelerated read/write speeds. This means the users can use the full capacity of the drive. Take 128GB SSD as an example: after deducting the over-provisioning space used by other brands, only about 120GB of space will be left. With the PlexNitro performance optimization technology, however, the full 128GB of space can be used, with no reduction at all.
Ideal for custom PC building and upgrades
The S3 series comes in two form factors - SATA 2.5-inch (S3C) and M.2 2280 (S3G) and o?ers 3 capacity options: 128GB and 256GB. It can fully satisfy the installation requirements of desktop and laptop devices, as well as other devices that use SSDs. This makes the S3 series the most ?exible choice.
PlexNitro, Plextor’s exclusive cache acceleration technology, is developed especially for TLC SSD. Utilizing so called PlexNitro Cache as a buffer to improve the read and write speeds of TLC SSD, without taking away from user capacity as over provisioning. Plextor remains committed to providing the “Full Capacity” SSD products of 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB instead of 120GB, 240GB, and 480GB.
Plextor's PlexVault software is aimed to provide a more secured space and complete control privileges to users. Even if you are using a computer with others, you can still store your private data via PlexVault, safely and securely hidden on the computer, as long as the computer is equipped with a Plextor SSD.
The storage capacity of SSDs is always a key point of consideration. Plextor's PlexCompressor utilizes custom, smart-compression technology that gives the user more storage capacity without impacting user experience and system performance.
PlexTurbo is an intelligent SSD RAM caching solution using system RAM to accelerate SSD storage performance. It boosts the service life of the SSD while vastly accelerating access speed performance.
(Recommend DRAM capacity: 32GB). Features • Performance Optimization: Exclusive PlexNitro firmware optimizes performance in SLC mode without taking up SSD space.
• Data Accuracy: Latest LDPC technology guarantees data accuracy & SSD reliability.
• Ultra Compact: Small form factor SSD particularly fits ultra-portable mobile applications.
• Advanced Endurance: Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) of 1.5 Million Hours.
• High Speed: Take hardware performance to the practical maximum speed of the interface.
• Shock & Vibration Proof: Capable of withstanding shock and vibration movements.
• Heat Resistant: Capable of withstanding high operating temperatures.
• Silent Operation: Running silently with no moving parts to eliminate distracting noise.
• Energy Efficient: SSDs use less power than hard drives, promoting a longer battery life.
• Speed Boost: With PlexTurbo, data processing speed increases far more than tenfold.
• Life Extension: With PlexTurbo, SSD lifespan can extend by eliminate unnecessary writes.
• Larger Storage Space: With PlexCompressor, compress files automatically in the background to help SSDs release more available capacity.
• Privacy Control: With PlexVault, create private spaces without a trace that can store sensitive or confidential files.
|Form Factor||M.2 (2280)|
|Interface||SATA III - 6Gb/s|
|Host Controller Interface||AHCI|
|Flash Memory Type||Hynix 14nm TLC|
|Max. Read||550 MB/s|
|Max. Write||510 MB/s|
|DRAM Cache Memory||256MB|
|DRAM Cache Memory Type||DDR3|
|Max. Random Read 4K||72,000 IOPS|
|Max. Random Write 4K||57,000 IOPS|
|Power Consumption (active)|
|Max. Endurance Rating||50TB TBW|
|Max. Operating Vibration||7~800Hz, 3.08Grms|
|Max. Non-operating Vibration|
|Max. Operating Shock||1500G, 1ms|
|Max. Non-operating Shock|
|Connectivity||1 x M.2 (SATA)|
|Dimensions||22 x 2.3 x 80 mm (WxHxD)|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 36 months
- DOA Period:
- 7 days
- 0207 949 0109
Date Issued: 27th Nov 2017
The arrival of the solid-state drive (SSD) has revolutionised the speed at which modern PCs perform common tasks. This is because SSDs have no moving parts, compared to larger, bulkier mechanical drives, thus they store information on memory chips. This means that accesses, reads and writes are many, many times faster