be quiet 120mm PWM Silent Wings 3 High Pressure/Speed PC Fan
be quiet! SilentWings® fans stand for state-of-the-art technology, virtually inaudible operation and superior cooling. The third generation of this award-winning fan series offers unrivaled and uncompromising performance with a broad range of meticulous optimizations. They feature a smooth-running 6-pole motor, an advanced fluid-dynamic bearing, a unique airflow-optimized fan blade design and a fan frame with funnel-shaped air inlets.
Virtually Inaudible, High-End Operation
The SilentWings® 3 120mm PWM high-speed model combines all of the above best-in-class features. The extremely high air pressure produced makes the fan especially suitable for use in powerful water cooling and air cooling set ups. Features • Great performance-to-noise ratio with 28.6dB(A) at 2,200rpm.
• 6-pole fan motor with three phases giving very low power consumption and less vibration.
• Advanced fluid-dynamic bearing (FDB) enables a super long fan life of up to 300,000 hours.
• Seven fan blades with optimized surface structures ensure excellent airflow.
• The rubberized fan frame is equipped with funnel-shaped air inlets producing extremely high air pressure.
• Removable anti-vibration mountings minimize the transmission of vibrations to the PC case and its components.
• Advanced high quality IC motor controller reduces electrical noise.
• Product Conception, Design and Quality Control in Germany.
Advanced PWM function
• Pulse width modulation (PWM) allows compatible 4-pin controllers (including those built into many motherboards) to intelligently vary the speed of the fan.
• With PWM your system can ramp up the cooling when it’s needed, or operate in maximum quiet mode when it’s not.
|Edition||Silent Wings 3 PWM High-Speed|
|Fan Depth||25 mm|
|Fan Speed||2200 rpm|
|Fan Specialization||Static Pressure|
|Air Pressure||3.37 mm H2O|
|Sound Level||28.6 dB|
|Motor Type||6-pole Motor|
|Bearing Type||Fluid Dynamic Bearing|
|Manual Speed Controller||No|
|Material||Plastic / Rubber|
|Cable length||500 mm|
|Connectors||1 x 4-pin|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 1 months
Date Issued: 20th Oct 2008
The modern PC is potentially a mass of heat output and heat production hot spots. With CPUs rated at more than 100W of heat output, single graphics boards carrying similar ratings (and people want to run two!), multiple hard drives the norm, lots of memory and mainboards covered in heatpipes to combat toasty core logic and PWM circuits, a PC appreciably warming up a room when it’s working hard is no joke.
Date Issued: 19th Jun 2008
Watercooling for the PC has been around for years in some form or another, for at least as long as Scan have been in business, with basic physics defining why you want to use it. That means for air cooling, to cope with increasing temperature in the heatsink you need to move the air across it faster. That is why thermostatically controlled fans in your PC will turn faster the hotter something gets.
Date Issued: 5th Mar 2007
Anybody who has been near their share of computer systems will appreciate that not all systems make the same amount of noise. There are a number of reasons for why this is so. Firstly, a computer makes noise for different reasons. Generally, anything mechanical is going to make noise.