be quiet PURE WINGS 2 120mm Quiet PWM PC Case Fan
The Pure Wings 2 family fans are unique in their class, combining outstanding reliability, silent cooling, and a great price-for-performance ratio. It’s impressive how much quiet technology the German engineering team has crammed into these fans at this amazing price. They are the ultimate reason to put well-known be quiet! silent cooling in your PC if you haven’t already done so.
The Pure Wings 2 120mm PWM model combines all of the above essential features. It provides maximum cooling airflow and operating noise levels down to a silent 20.2dB(A). The increased air pressure makes the fans especially recommended for use in water cooling and air cooling setups. Features Practically Silent Operation
• Nine silence-optimized fan blades with high airflow capabilities reduce noise-generating turbulences while increasing air pressure.
• Very quiet operation even at maximum speed, with noise of 20.2dB(A).
Variable Speed Function
• Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) allows compatible 4-pin controllers (including those built into many motherboards) to intelligently vary the speed (and thus the noise level) of the fan.
• With PWM your system can ramp up the cooling when it’s needed, or operate in maximum quiet mode when it’s not.
Product conception, design and quality control in Germany
• Perfect choice for home and office PCs, gaming and multimedia systems.
• Especially recommended for use in water cooling and CPU cooling builds.
• High-quality rifle bearing technology contributes to a very long lifespan of up to 80,000 hours.
• 3-years manufacturer’s warranty.
|Edition||Pure Wings 2|
|Individual Fan Specifications|
|Fan Depth||25 mm|
|Fan Speed||1500 rpm|
|Air Pressure||1.25 mm H2O|
|Sound Level (dB)||20.2 dB|
|Sound Level (Sone)|
|Motor Type||4-pole Motor|
|Bearing Type||Rifle Bearing|
|Manual Speed Controller||No|
|Fan Fixing||Screw Fixing|
|Cable length||460 mm|
|Connectors||1 x 4-pin|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 36 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 36 months
- 0871 472 4747
Date Issued: 20th Oct 2008
The modern PC is potentially a mass of heat output and heat production hot spots. With CPUs rated at more than 100W of heat output, single graphics boards carrying similar ratings (and people want to run two!), multiple hard drives the norm, lots of memory and mainboards covered in heatpipes to combat toasty core logic and PWM circuits, a PC appreciably warming up a room when it’s working hard is no joke.
Date Issued: 19th Jun 2008
Watercooling for the PC has been around for years in some form or another, for at least as long as Scan have been in business, with basic physics defining why you want to use it. That means for air cooling, to cope with increasing temperature in the heatsink you need to move the air across it faster. That is why thermostatically controlled fans in your PC will turn faster the hotter something gets.
Date Issued: 5th Mar 2007
Anybody who has been near their share of computer systems will appreciate that not all systems make the same amount of noise. There are a number of reasons for why this is so. Firstly, a computer makes noise for different reasons. Generally, anything mechanical is going to make noise.