Kingston 120GB HyperX SSD - Solid State Drive - SH100S3/120G
120GB Kingston HyperX, 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s SSD, MLC-Flash, Read 555Mb/s, Write 510Mb/s, Max 70K IOPS
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
When configuring the HyperX SSD partition, the user can choose between having the maximum available capacity for data storage or giving up a little space to increase performance and endurance. This additional space is called over-provisioning¹ on an SSD. The amount of performance and endurance increase depends upon the type of data being stored on the HyperX SSD. The more data that is MPEG, JPG, ZIP or ARC file types, the greater the benefit for this increased over-provisioning.
HyperX SSD uses an advanced wear leveling technology that distributes writes evenly across all the flash blocks in the SSD to maximize overall drive endurance. Additionally, wear leveling ensures that the individual Flash memory blocks are consumed at a very balanced rate, not to exceed a 2-percent difference between the most often written blocks and least written. This enables the HyperX SSD to provide the longest possible life for the user while maintaining optimal performance.
• SandForce controller technology.
• High-speed SATA Rev. 3.0 (6 Gb/s) transfer speeds.
• Performance: Incredible speeds for advanced gaming, multitasking, and multimedia computing power.
• Reliable: Much less likely to fail than a standard hard drive.
• Shock-Resistant: Dropping your notebook no longer means losing your data.
• Cool & Quiet: Runs silent and with no moving mechanical parts to generate heat.
• Innovative: Uses NAND Flash memory components.
• Supports: S.M.A.R.T., TRIM and Garbage Collection. Features Specifications:
• Form factor: 2.5”.
• Controller: 2nd Generation SandForce® Controller SF-2281.
• Components: Intel® 25nm Compute-Quality MLC NAND (5k P/E Cycles).
• Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s), SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s).
• Capacity ² : 120 GB.
• Sequential reads 6Gb/s ³ : 555MB/s.
• Sequential writes 6Gb/s: 510MB/s.
• Sustained Random 4k Read/Write: 20,000/60,000 IOPS.
• Max Random 4K R/W: 95,000/70,000 IOPS.
• PCMARK® Vantage HDD Suite Score 4: 81,196.
• Supports S.M.A.R.T. TRIM and Garbage Collection.
• Power Consumption 0.455 W (TYP) Idle / 1.6 W (TYP) Read / 2.0 W (TYP) Write.
• Dimensions: 69.85 x 100 x 9.5mm.
• Weight: 81g.
• Operating Temperatures: 0°C ~ 70°C.
• Storage Temperatures: -40°C ~ 85°C.
• Shock Resistance: 1500G.
• Vibration Operating: 2.17G.
• Vibration Non-Operating: 20G.
• MTBF: 1,000,000 Hrs.
• Compatible OS: Windows® 7, Windows® Vista (SP1, SP2), Windows XP (SP1, SP2, SP3), Windows 2000 (SP4), Mac OS v.10.3.x+, Linux v.2.6.x+.
¹ Note: The over-provisioning can only be modified at the user’s own risk and will require third party software to partition the drive. Kingston recommends that only experienced and knowledgeable users attempt to customize the over-provisioning area. Kingston will not provide support or any additional tools to execute this feature.
² Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston‘s Flash Guide at kingston.com/flash_memory_guide.
³ Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage.
4 Test System: Asus P8P67 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 2600k 3.4GHz CPU, 4GB System Memory, NVIDIA GTX 460 Video Card
Product specifications subject to change without notice.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 60 months
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 1 months
- 01932 738950