ZyXEL 12 Port Smart Managed Network Switch XS1920-12-ZZ0101F
In today’s rapidly changing world of cloud-based products and services, it can be difficult for large enterprises, as well as small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) to decide how to best handle increased data and the demands of applications like VoIP, video streaming and IP surveillance. In this environment, networks need to be simultaneously faster and more reliable, as well as easy to set up and maintain. To help meet these challenges, ZyXEL has introduced the XS1920-12, a 10GbE smart switch for SMB that economically upgrades any network to high-speed 10GbE bandwidth.
Affordable 10GbE network connectivity for SMB
When attempting to meet today’s demand for more bandwidth, SMBs often face increased expenditures, difficult deployments and other complex issues. The XS1920-12 has been designed to overcome these challenges with ZyXEL’s new 10GbE smart switch technology, which features ten (10) copper 10GbE connections and two (2) 10GbE SFP+ combos for 10G fiber links, offering additional flexibility for tricky deployments. The XS1920-12’s small port count design makes it the ideal choice for small businesses looking for an affordable network switch solution.
Upgrade the network with investment-protection
Upgrading with the XS1920-12 is a hassle-free operation. Backward-compatibility for Gigabit network allows SMBs to leverage existing Cat5/Cat5e infrastructure. The XS1920-12 also future-proofs networks with IPv6 support and 10GbE connectivity when an SMB is ready to convert to Cat6A and above cabling. A Cat6A or above cabled network is able to use RJ45 connectors to provide higher bandwidth up to 100 m with 10GbE copper.
ZyXEL One Network experience
Aiming for relieving our customers from repetitive operations of deploying and managing a network, ZyXEL One Network is designed to simplify the configuration, management, and troubleshooting, allowing our customers to focus on the business priorities. ZyXEL One Network presents an easy-to-use tool, ZyXEL One Network Utility (ZON Utility), to realize speed network setup. ZyXEL Smart Connect allows ZyXEL networking equipment to be aware and recognize each other and further facilitating the network maintenance via one-click remote functions such as factory reset or power cycling. ZyXEL One Network redefines the network integration across multiple networking products from switch to Wi-Fi AP and to Gateway.
Robust features to ensure network availability
The XS1920-12 protects users from network disruptions caused by internal errors or outside attack and ensures uninterrupted connectivity through several key features. Loop Guard helps networks avoid service disruptions caused by switching loops, and IP Source Guard (IPSG) shields your network from MAC spoof and ARP spoof attacks. Additionally, attacks such as BPDU, ARP and IGMP can target network facilities. However, CPU protection guarantees that a network continues to operate, even while under attack. In addition, dual images and configuration support guarantee network availability and reliability. These are just some of the ways that the XS1920-12 guarantees headache-free network connectivity for SMBs.
Smart management and advanced functionality
With features like L2 switching capacity, the XS1920-12 is able to function as a core switch, making it the cost-effective switching solution for SMBs. As part of the smart switch series, the XS1920-12 allows administrators to perform simplified network management via a user-friendly Web management interface. Features • 10GbE Connectivity: When compared to Gigabit Ethernet switches, 10 Gigabit Ethernet switches offer increased scalability and efficiency for network infrastructure. The XS1920-12 comes with both 10GbE RJ-45 and 10GbE combo (RJ-45/SFP) connectivity, which allows easy and flexible upgrades and deployment of 10GbE networks.
• IPv6: With support for comprehensive IPv6 management features, the XS1920-12 helps businesses stay ahead of the competition and prepare for future IPv6 networks. Full IPv6 support features that include auto configuration, duplicate address prevention, dual-stack and neighbor discovery ensure a business’s network investment is protected.
• ZyXEL One Network Utility: The XS1920-12 features the ZON utility to streamline network management. Administrators can check locations, assign IPs, reboot and upgrade firmware for multiple switches through a single platform. This eliminates the need for administrators to use direct access or expensive and overly specific 0network management tools.
• Dual Image: To provide a network with increased availability and reliability for SMBs, the XS1920-12 features dual image to reduce down time when firmware is being upgraded.
• Neighbor Device Discovery: As part of the ZyXEL One Network experience, the XS1920-12 is able to discover all connected ZyXEL networking devices, as well as other devices supporting Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) so administrators can see what devices are connected, what ports are being used, device IPs and even firmware versions.
• Web-Based Management: As with the entire smart switch series, there’s no need for administrators to learn a complicated command line interface to manage the XS1920-12, which is able to act as a core switch in SMB networks. Administrators can easily manage the device through a handy Web-based tool.
• Web GUI Redirection: Administrators occasionally need to update or reconfigure devices by looking up their IP address and logging in. Now, a simple click on the displayed devices brings administrators to the Web GUI for additional configuration. It is no longer necessary to look up the latest inventory list to confirm the IP address of a specific device.
|Edition||Smart Managed Switch|
|Total Network Ports||
|PoE Support Type|
|No. of Ports Providing PoE|
|Other Non-Network Ports|
|MAC Address Table Size|
|Built-in Flash Memory|
|Acoustic Noise||48.8 dB|
|Max. Power Consumption||94.1 W|
|Max. PoE Wattage per Port|
|Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF)||839624.71 hours|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||440 x 44.5 x 330 mm|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
Warranty information has not yet been updated for this product. For further information please call 0871 472 4747 or 01204 474747.