Synology DiskStation DS3615xs provides the reliable and ultra-high performance network attached storage solution for large scale businesses that require an efficient way to centralize data protection, simplify data management, deploy virtualization solutions, and rapidly expand storage capacity with minimal time spent on setup and maintenance.
DS3615xs delivers ultra-high performance at 2,352 MB/s sequential read throughput and 268,064 sequential read IOPS under RAID 5 configuration with VLAN. Through advanced flash technology, the combination of hard drives and read/writeoptimized SSD cache boosts throughput efficiently while minimizing cost per gigabyte. In addition, DS3615xs comes with native SATA III 6Gb/s support that unleashes the full potential of blazing fast SSDs, ensuring the optimum data process under heavy system loading.
In addition to default 4 Gigabit ports, DS3615xs comes with one PCIe 3.0 x8 slot, allowing installation of one high performance Network Interface Card (NIC) for maximized bandwidth, bringing you the superior performance that data-intensive applications demand of your storage system.
Equipped with 4GB RAM and up to 32GB ECC RAM expansion support, DS3615xs ensures data accuracy as well as ultra-high performance to provide a rigorous foundation for the mission-critical tasks of your business.
When the storage capacity of DS3615xs nears its limit, expansion is easily accomplished with Synology DX1215 via specially-designed connection cables to maximize data transmission throughput between main server and expansion units. With two DX1215 attached, DS3615xs supports up to 36 drives and 216TB of raw capacity and provides the ability to seamlessly expand a single volume up to 108TB on the fly.
Management of the large storage space on DS3615xs is simple and flexible. Multiple Volumes on RAID allows users to create more than one volume on a RAID structure, providing a flexible and efficient way to manage the storage across all hard drives. When the need for more space arises, the volume could be easily expanded without any service disruption.
Comprehensive Business Applications
Powered by the innovative Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), DS3615xs comes fully-equipped with applications and features designed specifically for large-scale business:
• Easy integration with existing business network environments through Windows AD and LDAP directory services without recreating user accounts.
• Windows ACL support provides fine-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing DS3615xs to fit seamlessly into current infrastructure.
• Built-in backup applications protect information assets by regularly backing up files and iSCSI LUNs locally and remotely.
• Continuous data protection with snapshots of shared folders allows restoration of previous versions when the need arises.
Reliability, Availability & Disaster Recovery
System reliability is of paramount importance to businesses which depend upon their commercial servers every day. DS3615xs responds to these concerns with wideranging availability and redundancy features:
• High Availability Manager ensures seamless transition between clustered servers in the event of server failure with minimal impact to applications.
• Shared Folder Sync replicates data in real-time to another Synology NAS at a remote location for prompt disaster recovery to meet the Recovery Time Objective (RTO) of your business
• High reliability system design including fan-less CPU heat-sink and passive cooling technology prevents single point of failure.
• Equipped with two 120 X 120 mm fans and a smart airflow design to keep the system running cool 24/7, while its noise dampening design makes it much quieter than PC counterparts.
• ECC RAM modules detect and correct errors during data transmission.
Unified Storage System
• By integrating file-level (NAS) and block-level (SAN) storage into one unified storage system, DS3615xs enables businesses to cost-effectively manage multi-protocol data and reduce total cost of ownership:
• Comprehensive network protocol support (CIFS/SMB, AFP and NFS) ensures seamless file sharing across Windows, Mac®, and Linux® platforms.
• Affordable and cost-effective iSCSI allows large scale business to consolidate storage into data center storage arrays.
• Thin provisioning, available for file-level iSCSI LUN, maximizes storage utilization by enabling administrators to oversubscribe provision and grow storage space as needed. Thick provisioning further maximizes the performance of virtualization applications.
DS3615xs provides seamless storage solutions for virtualization environments, including VMware, Citrix, and Hyper-V. With VMware vSphere 5 and VAAI integration certified, DS3615xs helps offload specific storage operations and optimizes computation power for unparalleled performance and efficiency in VMware environments. As the centralized storage of a virtual environment, DS3615xs enables virtual machine migration, allowing movement from server to server whilst eliminating service downtime and disruption to user. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) and Synology Advanced LUN support extremely improves the efficiency on massive data transfer and migration.
• Ultra-high performance of 2,352 MB/s sequential read throughput and 268,064 sequential read IOPS
• Scale up to 36 drives with Synology DX1215
• One PCIe slot to support high performance network interface card
• Expandable ECC RAM module (up to 32GB)
• SATA III 6Gb/s interface support
• High Availability and SSD read/write cache suppor
• VMware ®, Citrix ®, and Microsoft ®, Hyper-V ® certified
• Running on Synology DiskStation
• Manager (DSM)
Find Similar Products
Find similar products with the same specifications as 12 Bay Synology DS3615xs 2.5"/3.5" SATA III HDD Desktop NAS Enclosure with Intel i3 3.4GHz CPU, 4GB RAM, GbE LAN, USB 3 . Please choose from the list below.