Synology 12 Bay Xeon E3-1230 v2 Rackmount NAS RS3617XS
12 Bay Synology 2U RackStation NAS RS3617XS 2.5"/3.5" SATA, Rackmount, Xeon 1230 v2 3.3GHz CPU, 4GB ECC RAM, 4x GbE
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
Synology RackStation RS3617xs provides reliable, superior-performance network attached storage solution for large scale businesses with comprehensive business applications. RS3617xs simplifies data management, optimizes virtualization environments, and rapidly expands storage capacity with minimal time investment in setup and maintenance. Synology RS3617xs is backed with Synology’s 5-year limited warranty.
RS3617xs delivers blazing performance at over 3,263 MB/s sequential throughput and 333,941 IOPS under a RAID 5 configuration with 10GbE Link Aggregation enabled.
Through advanced flash technology, the combination of hard drives and SSD cache boosts throughput efficiently while minimizing cost per gigabyte.
In addition to the four 1GbE RJ-45 ports by default, RS3617xs comes with dual PCIe 3.0 x8 slots, allowing installation of two 10GbE Network Interface Cards (NIC) for maximized bandwidth, bringing you the superior performance that data-intensive applications demand of your storage system.
Equipped with 4GB DDR3 ECC RAM and up to 32GB expansion support, RS3617xs ensures data accuracy as well as superior performance to provide a rigorous foundation for the mission-critical tasks of your business.
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
RS3617xs integrates the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern large scale businesses:
• Flexible Shared Folder/User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders.
• Advanced snapshot technology with customizable backup schedule allows up to 1,024 copies of shared folder backups and 65,000 copies of system-wise snapshots without occupying huge storage capacity and system resources.
• File or folder level data restoration brings huge convenience and saves time for users who wish to restore only the specific single file or folder.
• Cloud Station with file versioning reduces down to half of storage consumption when compared with ext4 file system.
RS3617xs provides seamless storage solutions for virtualization environments, including VMware, Citrix, and Hyper-V. With VMware vSphere 6 and VAAI integration certified, RS3617xs helps offload specific storage operations and optimizes computation power for unparalleled performance and efficiency in VMware environments. As the centralized storage of a virtual environment, RS3617xs enables virtual machine migration, allowing movement from server to server whilst eliminating service downtime and disruption to user. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) and Synology Advanced LUN support greatly improves the efficiency on massive data transfer and migration.
• Reliable centralized storage solution for large scale businesses
• Blazing performance at over 3,263 MB/s throughput and 333,941 IOPS.
• Intel Xeon E3-1230v2 quad-core 3.3GHz.
• Optional 10GbE network capability.
• Scale up to 36 drives with Synology RX1217/RX1217RP2.
• Complete virtualization solution for VMware, Windows Hyper-V, and Citirx.
• Advanced Btrfs file system offering 65,000 system-wide snapshots and 1,024 snapshots per shared folder.
• Backed with Synology’s 5-year limited warranty & Synology Replacement Service (SRS). Features Comprehensive Business Applications
Powered by the innovative Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), RS3617xs comes fully equipped with applications and features designed specifically for large-scale business:
• Easy integration with existing business network environments through Windows® AD and LDAP directory services without recreating user accounts.
• Windows ACL support provides fine-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing RS3617xs to fit seamlessly into current infrastructure.
• Built-in backup applications protect information assets by regularly backing up files and iSCSI LUNs locally and remotely.
• Continuous data protection with snapshots of shared folders allows restoration of previous versions when the need arises.
• Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) on shared folders with hardware acceleration ensures security without compromising access performance, providing over 2,612MB/s in reading.
RS3617xs is designed to grow with businesses and provides the ability to seamlessly expand a single volume up to 200TB (with 32GB RAM installed) / 108TB on the fly.
RS3617xs supports up to 36 HDDs or SSDs for flexible capacity and balanced performance to meet the needs of varying applications and processes. When the storage capacity of RS3617xs nears it limit, expansion is easily accomplished with up to two Synology Expansion Unit RX1217/RX1217RP via specially-designed connection cables to maximize data transmission throughput between main server and expansion units.
Management of the large storage space on RS3617xs is simple and flexible. Multiple Volumes on RAID allows users to create more than one volume on a RAID structure, providing a flexible and efficient way to manage the storage across all hard drives. When the need for more space arises, the volume could be easily expanded without any service disruption.
Reliability, Availability & Disaster Recovery
System reliability is of paramount importance to businesses which depend upon their commercial servers every day. RS3617xs responds to these concerns with wide-ranging availability and redundancy features:
• Synology High Availability ensures seamless transition between clustered servers in the event of server failure with minimal impact to applications.
• Shared Folder Sync replicates data in real-time to another Synology NAS at a remote location for prompt disaster recovery to meet the Recovery Time Objective (RTO) of your business
• Redundant system fans and network ports with failover support ensure continual service uptime.
• High reliability system design including fan-less CPU heat-sink and passive cooling technology prevents single point of failure.
• ECC RAM modules detect and correct errors during data transmission.
• Tool-free system fan design allows hot swap and easy exchange of malfunctioned system fans.
|NAS Form Factor||2U Rackmount|
|Max. Storage Capacity|
|HDD Interface||12 x SATA III - 6Gb/s|
|HDD Form Factor||12 x 3.5"/2.5"|
|Internal Flash Memory||No|
|Internal Flash Memory Capacity|
|CPU Model||Xeon E3-1230 v2|
|CPU Speed||3.3 GHz|
|RAM Memory Included||4GB|
|RAM Memory Type||DDR3 ECC|
|Max. RAM Memory Supported||32GB (4x8GB)|
|Cache Drive Interface|
|Included Cache Drive Capacity|
|Included Cache Drive Type|
|Expansion Slots||1 x PCIe 3.0 x8 (x4 Bandwidth)|
|Noise Level||40.5 dB(A)|
|Max. Power Consumption||116.7 W|
|Dimensions||445 x 88 x 570 (WxHxD mm)|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 36 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 7 days
- RTB Period:
- 1 months
- +44 (0)1908 274659