End of Life
XFX Core Edition Radeon HD 7970 AMD/ATI Graphics Card - 3GB
XFX dares to go where the competition would like to, but can’t. That’s because, at XFX, we don’t just create great digital video components—we build all-out, mind-blowing, performance-crushing, competition-obliterating video cards, power supplies, and computer accessories. And, not only are they amazing, you don’t have to live on dry noodles and peanut butter to afford them.
XFX is a division of PINE Technology Holdings Limited, a leading manufacturer and marketer of innovative solutions for the worldwide gaming technologies market. Founded in 1989, PINE designs, develops, manufactures and distributes high-performance video graphics technology and computer peripherals. The company’s dedicated research and development team are continually pushing the limits to meet the demands of the ever-growing and performance-driven community. Headquartered in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (Hong Kong SAR), PINE has more than 1,000 employees worldwide with 16 offices around the globe.
FX-797A-TNFC - 3GB XFX Radeon HD 7970 Core with Ghost & Hydrocell, 5500MHz GDDR5, 925MHz, 2048 Cores, DVI-I/HDMI/Mini DP
The next generation HD7970 graphics card has arrived, fitted with a 28nm GPU that packs 4.3bn transistors and is combined with 3GB GDDR5 Memory, it provides users with the speed for smoother gaming. Supporting full DirectX 11, AMD CrossFireX and AMD HD3D, the GPU includes an exclusive tweak utility which allows users to tune the performance of up to four graphics cards and check card status via an intuitive interface.
This GPU Tweak function links the GPU clock frequency to the voltage, so as you scale the GPU clock the voltage automatically follows; a useful tool for inexperienced Overclockers, It also enables users to select between 2D and 3D mode by providing the ability to change the respective clock speeds, voltages and fan speeds of either. Disabling the 2D mode also forces the faster 3D mode, stabilising overclocking and benchmarking results.
Furthermore, new PCI Express 3.0 delivers improved encoding and twice the performance of the previous PCI Express 2.0 and vision horizons can be expanded across six displays with AMD Eyefinity technology. This technology delivers innovative graphics display capabilities enabling massive desktop workspaces and ultra-immersive visual environments for the ultimate panoramic computing experience.
• The world’s first 28nm GPU. The revolutionary new GCN Architecture. Ready for DirectX® 11. PCI Express 3.0.1 The AMD Radeon™ HD 7970 is your personal checklist for ground-breaking technology.
• The next generation of AMD Eyefinity technology is here, featuring all-new support for stereo 3D, universal bezel compensation and brand new display configurations. Face it: the best just got better.2,3
• Armed with the new PCI Express 3.0 standard, multi-GPU configurations with AMD CrossFire™ technology are just another way to obliterate the competition with the revolutionary AMD Radeon™ HD 7970.4,5
• Leave no performance behind. Get higher clocks and faster gaming with AMD PowerTune technology on AMD Radeon™ HD 7970 Graphics.6
• Fold and mine faster than ever with AMD App Acceleration powered by the unprecedented 28nm GCN Architecture.7
• The market isn’t ready for 4k video, but Radeon™ is. With full support for 3GHz HDMI 1.4a and DisplayPort 1.2 HBR2, the AMD Radeon™ HD 7970 is set for quad HD.
|Manufacturer:||XFX||Interface:||PCIe 3.0 (x16)
|Chipset:||HD 7970 ||Connectivity:||1 x DVI-I
1 x HDMI
2 x mini DisplayPort
|Edition:|| ||Maximum Digital Resolution:||
|Manufacturing process:||28 nm||Maximum VGA Resolution:||
|Core Clock:||925 MHz||HDCP Ready:||Yes
|Boost Clock:||N/A||Width:||Dual Slot
|Memory:||3GB ||Low Profile Compatible:||No
|Memory Bit Rate:||384 Bit||Low Profile Support:||N/A
|Memory Type:||GDDR5 ||Package Type:||Retail
|Memory Clock:||5500 MHz||Maximum GPU Power:||
|Cooling:||Fan ||Maximum GPU Temperature:||
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please click here
Return to base
Manufacturer Contact Details
SCAN/XFX UK LTD.
09068 354 400
Recommend This Product
To tell a friend about this product please fill out your name and enter their email address.
Find Similar Products
Find similar products with the same specifications as 3GB XFX Radeon HD 7970 Core with Ghost & Hydrocell, 5500MHz GDDR5, 925MHz, 2048 Cores, DVI-I/HDMI/Mini DP . Please choose from the list below.